Nuffnang

Jumaat, 14 September 2012

Yuna - Google Blog Search

Yuna - Google Blog Search


Work and Babies: <b>Yuna</b> with Pagi Rock Crew

Posted: 13 Sep 2012 09:41 PM PDT

 I love Yuna. I think she is so awesome. Extremely talented. Very beautiful. Inside and out. So so so awesome. I cannot express how awesome she is as a singer, artist, human being. Really. I have so much respect for her. Anyway, I stalked her manager for over a week, sorry Wawa, and begged for an interview with Pagi Rock Crew. Finally got it. Yay! And the Aunties took over =_=
She was seriously the coolest celeb we've ever interviewed. And we've interviewed a lot. Just recently there was a dumbass who requested the questions beforehand and would go outside the studio to discuss the answers with the manager. This person refused to do so many things and was a total ass. And to top it of, not even a fully-fledged celebrity mmmkay? A nobody. But Yuna? Ohmygod. She was crazy amazing. 


 The interview was supposed to only be half an hour long. It went on for an hour and a half. And she never complained. She didn't even come with an entourage. She was so chilled. And agreed to do all kinds of ridiculous stunts with us. Like it was no big deal. I love her so much. I love you Yuna. Marry me. I'm so sorry we took so much of your time. I love Iamjetfuel. I wear your scarves all the time. I sound like a psycho stalker desperate fangirl. I just bumped into Yuna again outside Sri Pentas coz HotFM's AM Krew are having an open house and Yuna was invited. You look so pretty in your polka dot baju kurung. I love you.


Some Kind of Awesome - SKOA - [Night Out] Civil Twilight @ <b>Yuna</b> <b>...</b>

Posted: 12 Sep 2012 02:56 PM PDT

credit: @sproutdrOther than a Fashion's Night Out or two I've never really been one to actively participate during New York Fashion Week. It may be my desire to mostly wear rock band t-shirt, hoodies and flip flops that I do not particularly think that I am one of "their people". Imagine my surprise when we received an invite to come out to Yuna Yang's afterparty in celebration of her latest collection that was shown earlier on Friday evening. I was admittedly a little confused about the invite at first until I realized that South African rock band Civil Twilight was perfoming. I was really hoping it was because I had successfully started the trend of wearing flip flops in 50 degree weather, but no. *Sigh* Sprout is more of a fashionista than I am and I have enjoyed the handful of songs from the band so we headed above 14th Street for the first time in months to see what kind of trouble we could get into.

Having not gone to Yang's fashion show earlier in the evening, I missed out on #1- hearing Civil Twilight's music featured in her show and #2- having my memory refreshed of what Yuna Yang looked like so I didn't make a fool of myself. Within 5 minutes of Yang being in the building, two excited fans of hers approached me and asked if I would take a photo of them with this other woman (who ended up being Yang) on their iPhone with a crappy screen protector on it. Being a Florida native and used to tourists making this request, I happily obliged. After directing them to stand in better lighting, I snapped a photo. I turned the phone towards the fashionistas to confirm that they were happy with the photo when one of the girls makes a face and says, "Um, could you actually take one and make it more....vertical?" You could tell by the looks on their faces that I was rocking a confused expression until all of my synapses finally fired and it occurred to me that in the fashion world they want photos of their full outfits. This rarely happens when you're out with music people because we don't want to show off how bloated we are from all of the excessive drinking. Either way I felt pretty silly for not knowing any better, but I guess it was better that I got the NYFW N00b-ness out of the way nice and early. I got over it pretty quickly by making fun of the fact that they only had the two Justice full-lengths to hold everyone over till showtime.

It wasn't too long after that awkward moment that the room filled up nicely and the band took to the stage. For it just being a semi-impromptu set inside a gallery, the sound was amazing. I should have walked over to the sound guy and shook his hand. Civil Twilight was great. I think I actually like them better as a live band. They had killer energy and it was totally infectious, even with the fashion elite in the crowd. They were really feeling it, too. No doubt it was a spillover of the love fest that happened during the fashion show. Speaking of love fest, I loved watching Yuna Yang during the set. She was doing her very best to retain her coolness all the while cheerfully dancing around amongst other party goers. Considering their music inspired her so much that she based the collection she showed on their music, I'd say she was free to do whatever the heck she felt like. I had to fight the urge to go dance up next to her, since she already had such a wonderful impression of me as previously mentioned.

I also want to point out that of how ever many hundred people who were squeezed into the gallery for the event, as far as I could tell I was the ONLY person who had ear plugs in during the set. Do fashion people really not know that there's no point in looking really good if you can't hear people tell you how good you look? It was good and loud in there, too, so it's not like people weren't going to be speaking extra loudly over their temporary tinnitus in addition to the usual buzz of a crowded room. If you don't wear ear plugs to shows, you totally should be. It makes a HUGE difference.

Make sure you check out Civil Twilight's latest video for "Fire Escape" below:

They should have a proper music video for their newest single, "River" pretty soon. For now you can check out the lyric video for it:

For more of Sprout's photos from that night, you can peep the slideshow below or head over to her photo stream on Flickr to check them out

<b>Yuna</b> Homecoming Tour@Penang Times Square - MSN Malaysia <b>...</b>

Posted: 12 Sep 2012 10:28 PM PDT

Malaysia's homegrown singer-songwriter, Yuna will be coming back to our shores as part of her upcoming tour. The singer-songwriter had a successful year with the release of her first international EP and self-titled album, not to forget performances she had in the US and now her every first concert tour back in her home country.

When and where: 10 November 2012, 6pm @ Penang Times Square

Cover: Student (RM38 Early Bird, RM58 Pre-Sale, RM68 Door), Regular (RM58 Early Bird, RM88 Pre-Sale, RM98 Door), VIP (RM98 Early Bird, RM128 Pre-Sale, RM158 Door)

Info: For more information, log on to https://www.facebook.com/yunahomecoming2012 or
email yunahomecoming2012@gmail.com

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan