Nuffnang

Rabu, 11 September 2013

Akim - Google Blog Search

Akim - Google Blog Search


Spotlight on Caledonia ace <b>Akim</b> Armstrong | Wired868

Posted: 27 Aug 2013 08:15 AM PDT

Caledonia AIA midfielder Akim Armstrong returned to competitive football in the middle of last season after a year out with a serious knee injury and gave a hint of what the "Eastern Stallions" missed out on with a MVP performance in his team's 2-0 TTFF FA Trophy final win over Central FC.

Photo: Caledonia AIA midfielder Akim Armstrong (left) receives his 2013 TTFF FA Trophy MVP award from TTFF president Raymond Tim Kee. (Courtesy Wired868)

Photo: Caledonia AIA midfielder Akim Armstrong (left) receives his 2013 TTFF FA Trophy MVP award from TTFF president Raymond Tim Kee.
(Courtesy Wired868)

Now let's see what he is really made of this season.

"I want to play at the highest level; the World Cup," Armstrong told Wired868. "I want my country to be back on that stage."

The bustling, versatile midfielder can offer evidence of his ability to play at a higher level on Thursday when Caledonia hosts Guatemala's second placed outfit, CSD Comunicaciones, from 8 pm in CONCACAF Champions League action at the Hasely Crawford Stadium in Port of Spain.

Did you know Armstrong was a right back at under-14 level before Trendsetter Hawks coach Anthony "Dada" Wickham pushed him further upfield?

Meet Akim Armstrong:

Full Name: Akim Karch Armstrong

Nickname: Adido

Date of birth: 28 July 1988

Hometown: Belmont, Port of Spain

Schools: Belmont Junior Secondary, Mucurapo Senior Comprehensive

Position: Right or left midfield

Favorite Player: Zinedine Zidane

Toughest opponent: Daneil Cyrus

Best advice received: "Be true to the game and the game will be true to you." – Densill Theobald

Questions and Answers with Akim Armstrong

When and where did you learn the basics of the game? And who taught you?

AA: "I was either six or seven at the time. My father taught me."

What are your personal ambitions? What would you like to achieve in the game before your career is over?

AA: "I want to play at the highest level, the World Cup. I want my country to be back on that stage. I would also like to play in Europe (preferably Spain)."

Photo: Caledonia AIA right back Kareem Joseph (number 12) congratulates teammate Akim Armstrong (right) while Colin Nelson looks on. (Courtesy Wired868)

Photo: Caledonia AIA right back Kareem Joseph (number 12) congratulates teammate Akim Armstrong (right) while Colin Nelson looks on.
(Courtesy Wired868)

What would you describe as the best moment in your young career thus far?

AA: "That would be my first Intercol game for Mucurapo. I came on as a sub and scored within 5 minutes."

Can you tell us something about that you that most people or fans would not know?

AA: Most people may not know that I am a family person.

What do you do in your free time?

AA: "I rest. I spend time with my family. I play video-games with my brothers."

If not for football, what profession would you be in?

AA: "I would be in auto-mechanics."

What do you see yourself doing when you hang up your boots?

AA: "I would like to open up my own business or go into real estate."


R.Walcott

Roneil Walcott is a Journalism and Public Relations student at COSTAATT and a recent intern at Wired868. Walcott is an avid sports fan and former Harvard Cricket Clinic member and ex-St. Mary's College cricket player.


Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan