Nuffnang

Sabtu, 21 Julai 2012

Stephen Rahman Hughes - Google Blog Search

Stephen Rahman Hughes - Google Blog Search


Catch me performing with - <b>Stephen Rahman</b>-<b>Hughes</b>

Posted: 17 Jul 2012 05:52 AM PDT

[unable to retrieve full-text content]Catch me performing with 'The West End Men' G-Live, Guildford, 18th July.

West End Men, Guildford « Soliloquy&#39;s Blog

Posted: 19 Jul 2012 10:12 AM PDT

"There were some truly phenomenal voices and performances."

Last night I went to see The West End Men in concert at Glive. The West End Men is a production by Milton Morrissey and Jason Haigh-Ellery. It was a slick production considering this was only the second outing. The men consist of Lee Mead, Matt Rawle and Stephen Rahman-Hughes with guest support from Kerry Ellis. It was a great night's entertainment and I'm thrilled I decided to go. It was an evening full of some musical theatre numbers (obviously!) and some jazzy numbers and modern pop songs.

The show started with the song Pure Imagination from Charlie And The Chocolate Factory. Already Matt, Lee and Stephen had shown we were in for a good night's entertainment. Their voices blended beautifully with one another.  Other group numbers included Bring Him Home from Les Miserables which was stunning.  I was surprised by their West Side Story Medley which was an incredibly different rendition/arrangement. It was jazzy and upbeat in sections and very entertaining.  I particularly enjoyed their  version of  I Believe (When I Fall In Love) which was perfect for all of their voices.  The Men sounded brilliant singing You Raise Me Up,  it was perfect! Another highlight for me was One Day More. The Men really gave it their everything and consequently got a standing ovation.

Stephen Rahman-Hughes first solo performance was Til I Hear You Sing from Love Never Dies. Stephen gave a really heart-felt performance which I really enjoyed. I enjoyed his rendition of Journey Home from Bombay Dreams. Stephen was very charismatic and natural inbetween songs. His version of Nature Boy was incredibly well performed as was Unchained Melody although I could've done without some of the riffs. This is the first time I've seen Stephen perform and I'd definitely watch him again!

Matt Rawle's first solo performance was Martin Guerre which was a very powerful performance. I loved his beautiful rendition of Unexpected Song.  High Flying Adored from Evita also proved what a great voice Matt has. I thought Matt's performance of A Nightingale Sang in Berkeley Square was stunning.

Lee Mead's first solo performance was Music Of The Night from Phantom. It was an emotional performance. He then sang Close Every Door (which I always wonder whether he's getting bored of- but if he does, it doesn't show) beautifully with a great reception from the audience. Lee then performed Better, which is from his album Love Songs. I enjoyed his duet with Kerry Ellis singing As Long As You're Mine from Wicked, although I did think he had better chemistry with Rachel Tucker and Louise Dearman when he performed it with them.

Kerry Ellis performed a few numbers which of course, were very impressive. Her first song was Don't Cry For Me Argentina which was performed like the powerhouse she is. I do love when she uses the higher part of her range, it sounds beautiful. Kerry performed a new arrangement of I Dreamed A Dream which she really made her own.  Kerry's Defying Gravity was slowed down instead of rocked up all the way through, it was good, but I've heard her sing it better. She performed Only The Good Die Young with the backing of The Men.

I thoroughly enjoyed the night. There were some truly phenomenal voices and performances and if they add more performances other than the remaining in Guernsey, Gateshead and Leicester. I strongly recommend you catch the four talented performers and their live band.

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan