Nuffnang

Jumaat, 22 November 2013

Yuna - Google Blog Search

Yuna - Google Blog Search


Nocturnal by <b>Yuna</b> - CONFRONT Magazine

Posted: 22 Nov 2013 12:00 PM PST

by

nocturnalI've never considered myself to be the girl who loves Top 40 music, but even I must admit that over the years, there are some musicians that have really raised the bar. Although I won't always admit it, I'm definitely a closet-top-40 fan, and when I heard that Yuna would be releasing a new record, I jumped at the opportunity to snag a copy for review.

I first crossed paths with the rising pop stars' music in March 2013 when I heard her collaborative track 'Lullabies' with Montreal DJ Adventure Club. I was instantly captivated by the beautiful song, and have since kept a close eye on her rapid growth as a top 40 force to be reckoned with.

'Nocturnal' captures your attention at once. 'Falling' plays right into Yuna's strengths; it blends her smooth vocals with pop/indie beats that take you for a roller coaster ride through melodies you wouldn't imagine together- but Yuna makes it work. 'Rescue' takes upbeat to a whole new level. This radio-ready track brings me back to songs I used to love in the 90′s, but with a clean production that can be heard throughout the record.

My lesser favorites include 'Lovely Intermission', 'I Want You Back', 'Escape', and 'Hanging On'. Granted, these four tracks are quite beautiful and still feature all the things that make Yuna such a unique songstress, but their slightly offbeat tempos and varying genres (some go so far as playing on the Blues genre) don't quite fit the rest of the album. They break up the flow of the other songs- which I imagine was probably the purpose- but they kind of ruined the overall indie/folk/pop vibe on the rest of the record for me. I would have preferred hearing them separately, as an EP or another album where she experiments with other various genres.

Overall, 'Nocturnal'   has it's ups and downs. A couple more standout tracks include 'Mountains', 'I Wanna Go' as well as the finale 'Call Everyone', which is a beautiful piano ballad that highlights Yuna's powerful vocal range. The album is definite proof that she can pretty much sing any darn thing she wants and make it sound fantastic, but hopefully she'll be able to pin down her preferred genre for the next record for a slightly more cohesive final product.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

Universal Music Group

-

Listen-

Learn more-

www.yunamusic.com

www.twitter.com/yunamusic

www.facebook.com/yunamusic

<b>Yuna</b>: &#39;Rescue&#39; Music Video – Watch Now (Exclusive <b>...</b> - Just Jared

Posted: 05 Nov 2013 09:15 AM PST

Check out Yuna showing her strength and unique style in this new music video for her song "Rescue," exclusively premiering on JustJared.com!

The Malaysian-born singer's new track is off her sophomore album Nocturnal, which is out in stores now! The album has been released under Verve Records.

Yuna has been compared to Feist, Norah Jones, and Adele.

"Feeling #Nocturnal? Get the new album on @iTunes! ♥ thank you all who pre ordered/bought #Nocturnal I appreciate it!" Yuna recently tweeted to her fans about the album.

WHAT DO YOU THINK about Yuna's new music video for "Rescue"?

frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>
Yuna – 'Rescue' Music Video

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan