Nuffnang

Sabtu, 23 Jun 2012

Faizal Tahir - Google Blog Search

Faizal Tahir - Google Blog Search


Qiyamul Lail 2012 @ SK Serendah : A Night With Ustaz Zamri From <b>...</b>

Posted: 23 Jun 2012 02:29 AM PDT

Qiyamul Lail means that one awakes in the middle of the night or early morning prior to the Subuh Prayer and sunrise; and performed Ibadah. It is deemed also as one way to "enliven" the night with Ibadah. The Malaysian Education Ministry has been paying attention to the intrinsic development of the younger generation these days. Thus, Qiyamul Lail has been stipulated as one of the compulsory activities to be done throughout the year.

Ustaz Zamri with the teachers…including me (,"). Did I became smitten or star-struck? I can't deny, I was. But hey, it's normal…. (,")

As usual, my name as the teacher involved is just inevitable. And what's more with me teaching 6 Gallant for Science this year. I was assigned for the Night Guarding/Patrol; that was to spend night in school with the kids.

For the motivation slot, the SK Serendah Islamic Panel has contacted a renowned motivational speaker/preacher, Ustaz Zamri to give his words of wisdom to our kids especially of those in Year 6. Ustaz Zamri rose to fame when he was roped into the TV9′s "Akademi Al-Quran" and then was given a programme of his own entitled "Mari Membaca Al-Quran" (if I am not mistaken). The cheerful approach is suitable for kids-market and making the motivational/preaching experiences as somewhat enjoyable.

Ustaz Zamri motivating the kids from SK Serendah. Hopefully, they absorbed that!

It was nice to see the person alive when all these while you just see him in television. The approach was energetic and fun; and kids loved all the comic punch-lines and gestures. I have to say I myself enjoy it. Then, it was a moment where kids were asked to reflect about their parents; the sacrifices and all. Predictably, the kids were began to weep and cried…. BUT I am not sure whether the boys really CRIED orthey just mimicking what their friends did; but I could see authentic tears trickling from the eyes of several pupils…

The kids were attentive. So did Kak Jun and all the teachers….. 

Can I say that I was smitten or star-struck by Ustaz Zamri? Hahaha, yes, kinda. I was agitated to take pictures with him but was kinda shy. So, Ustaz Reduan asked us to take picture together with him; in the end Cikgu Rosmainy came up with brilliant idea to take pictures with all of us! Hahaha…great! But like usual, my camera's batteries gone kaput when we really need it! LMAO!

Around 12.45 a.m., the night was called off. BUT, you know when kids were together, they became excited especially when they have their friends having this "sleep-over". Controlling 80++ boys were a daunting job for me, Cikgu Rosmainy & Cikgu Khairul. I had to use microphone for like 3 times and stomped off the stage to keep them all under controlled; still chit-chatting. Cikgu Rosmainy who usually is cool had to RAISE VOICE for like 5 times; still the boys were adamant to talk! FINALLY, when I asked Ustaz Tarmizi & Ustaz Haris to join force, then ONLY the noise died down….sigh… Keep talking and when the time 4.30 a.m. came for the next activities, surely they would feel sleepy! That is why I always believe in strengthening moral fibres and disciplining etiquettes. But, you know with some of ignorant parents nowadays; and the public……SIGH..

At 2.30 a.m., Zaheed came to me and told me he couldn't sleep as mosquitoes were attacking him. I noticed that too since mosquitoes were also having a feast on me. I accompanied him to wash his hands. Seemed like he was shivering. So I gave him the praying mat to cover his body. I couldn't sleep so just roamed around the hall surveying the boys whether some of them still awake…. In the midst of the night, once a while you could hear pupils talked in their sleep…… until 4.30 a.m. The slot was taken over by Ustaz Kamaruzzaman and all the other Ustaz. 

On whole, being a teacher teaches me a lot on how to become compassionate and caring towards others especially kids. Have to exercise patience in listening to their little itsies bitsies of stories or exaggerations so that they will feel appreciated or being given attention. I love my career now. Alhamdulillah!

P/s : I don't really listen to Faizal Tahir. But when Ustaz Zamri showed the slide show containing the song "Gemuruh" to inject spirit to the audience, I was captivated by the lyrics. Oh, so inspiring.

Bila bertalu rentak di kalbu
Hasrat yang tersirat semakin ku buru
Bila bergema laungan gempita
Harapan bernyala nadiku berganda

Gemuruh jiwa semangat membara
Dari puncak ingin ke angkasa
Berkalungkan bintang berkelipan
Menyerlah jauh dari yang biasa………!

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan