Nuffnang

Ahad, 25 November 2012

Yuna - Google Blog Search

Yuna - Google Blog Search


Has fame changed <b>Yuna</b>? ABN News | Eng

Posted: 25 Nov 2012 06:16 PM PST

By Noorsila Abd Majid

Yuna, Yuna everywhere! Never mind that she didn't win any major awards at the AIM (Anugerah Industri Muzik). Yuna proved that she's still the "IT" girl in Malaysian music by clinching two top prizes – Popstar Award and Wired Celebrity Award at the Shout! Awards 2012, a popularity-based award ceremony created by 8TV.

But tongues are awagging that popularity has gone to her head. Or at least, the people managing her. It has been reported by top Malay entertainment blog beautifulnara.com that her fans are upset with her recent homecoming concert in Penang.

Read the blog: Yuna fans who waited as early as 5pm were drenched in the rain as the concert organiser did not allow them to enter the concert hall until 6pm. No umbrellas allowed. No hooded plastic poncho given. The show was delayed by two and a half hours. Yuna was late. But she did not apologise. Her performance was below par.

Well, blame it on the concert organiser, she says. In her defence, Yuna maintains she always tries to give her best to her fans.

"I'm always away in the US," the Malaysian folk-pop darling, who's enjoying a growing success States-side explains. "But I try to do something for my Malaysian fans every year. Since I haven't met my fans in Penang and Sarawak, I did the homecoming concerts."

Reiterating that she's only a performer, Yuna adds, "I'm an artiste. My job is to sing. I leave the rest to the concert organiser. Fans who are not happy can lodge their complaints to them directly. But please don't write a poison pen letter against me."

Before she could elaborate further, our conversation was interrupted by her manager who whisked her away abruptly.

"Sorry, we had to go," she says curtly.

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan