Nuffnang

Selasa, 22 Mei 2012

Sharnaaz Ahmad - Google Blog Search

Sharnaaz Ahmad - Google Blog Search


Madness Makes My World Go Round: Memberku Hawa - A <b>...</b>

Posted: 22 May 2012 09:05 AM PDT

 Interframe: I was supposed to find a suitable topic for my literature assignment but  my efforts were to no avail - so I ended up here *sigh*

I am now an avid fan of this series. This series is something that women around Malaysia can relate to - it's somewhat like a fiction version of 3R.

First time I knew about this series was through Hanis Zalikha's tweet - so I wanted to check it out just to watch Hanis on TV. I wanted to see her act so there I went, hovering in front of the TV on a Sunday night. The first episode, there was no Hanis, but I continued to watch it because I was charmed by one of the main characters - Kay - who was played by Nad Zainal - and her acting was really good! Natural! (unlike the acting of the actors and actresses in the overrated Malaysian series Vanilla Coklat *yawn*)  The dialogues were funny and witty. And there was Hawa, the other main character, played by Faezah Elai. This character reminds me of my own bestie - Hawa, and yeah, even some of the characteristics - such as independent, outgoing, and doing things as good as men resembles my bestie's attitude. ;)

And oh, not only that - there are hotties alert too! 
 Err, not this picture. This is Hawa disguising herself as a man - with the name Adam, but this picture below!
 Sharnaaz Ahmad (left) and Dazrin Kamarudin (centre) in the picture above.
Well, girls, feast your eyes on Sharnaaz Ahmad (who happens to be Shila Amzah's boyfriend in real life) and also Dazrin Kamarudin (whose status I am not sure of) - they are both the characters who appeared in Hawa's working place. Sharnaaz plays the character of Hawa's boss in this series and he's a self-made successful businessman. And Dazrin stars as Sharnaaz's best buddy here (his identity was not really clarified as he only appeared twice in the last six series).
And not to forget Hanis - the reason I started watching this series. She's really good in portraying Tish - a snobbish model whom Kay had issue with at her workplace. 
Actually I should've known from the title of this series - Memberku Hawa - that it hints the element of feminism in it. The name Hawa itself represents women, as in kaum Hawa - a Malay term which is usually used to refer to women. 
The issues faced by women in Malaysia was portrayed by a scene where Hawa, who came for her job interview as an engineer, was rejected by her boss (Sharnaaz) at first just because she's a woman and these people somewhat have some prejudice against female engineer. She had to prove herself and fight for the spot to work in the company by performing a task which was a actually challenge from her boss. And voila, of course she made it, if not Sharnaaz would not become her boss. 
Even when she was accepted in the company and already started working, Hawa faced another problem because one of her clients would not accept a female engineer to service the computer at his company. To tackle this problem, Hawa disguised herself as man (Adam, ah what a surprise she chose this name! *rolls eyes*) when going to the company.
For Kay, her problem will be with another woman (like what my lecturer said, women oppressing women) where Tish (played by Hanis) who could not let her work in peace and always find fault with her.
So if you're a feminist, you would like this story. It's a light chic-lit, something for you to laugh and somewhat think over too. 
Don't forget to watch it on TV3, 10.30 pm, every Sunday! 

Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan